Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Tata Motors Limited Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as TML); therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security.
We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data TML may collect, how TML uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
TML will not collect any personal data about you, unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it by online registration on our websites. Personal data may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, profession, industry.
Purpose of Use
When you do provide us with personal data, we usually use it to respond to your enquiry, process your order or service request or provide you access to specific information or offers. Also, to support our customer relationship with you:
• We may store and process personal data and share it with our affiliates, group companies to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services; or
• We (or our affiliates, group companies) may use personal data to contact you about any offer in support of your needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers' needs.
If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
TML will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
• is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
• is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
• is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
• is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.